Thank you for your continued support and understanding through these crazy times! Through all of the uncertainty, our goal remained the same: to be here when your pet needs us. We wanted to take some time to better explain our policies and what we are doing to continue to provide the care your pets need. Unfortunately, a LOT of pets have been needing us these past weeks and months, and the numbers just keep increasing. Many people decide that the past two years were a great time to add that pet they had been thinking about to their family, which is great! Spring is always a busy time for us, seeing many new puppies and kittens anyway so the slew of new pets has made things extra busy. With everyone getting outside more with their pets, we have also started to see more emergencies, such as dog fights and auto accidents, and seasonal allergies, which have quickly filled our available "sick patient" appointments. In fact, we had twenty sick patients in one day last week, on top of our already full appointment schedule. And that doesn't take into account the many phone calls and emails we receive on a daily basis. We are incredibly grateful to be able to care for so many amazing pets and owners.
We are also managing the loss of some key support staff members over the pandemic. We understand our employees' health and families come first. To help provide the best care, we have expanded our veterinary staff with the help of relief veterinarians. In addition, you may have seen some new faces since our reopening. COVID is going to be part of our "normal" for a long time. We are changing them as we try things and learn what works and what doesn't, but several things are still in effect for the foreseeable future:
- The lobby is staying closed for clients to wait for their appointments.
- If you are experiencing any respiratory illness, especially with a fever, or have been exposed to a person diagnosed with COVID-19, or have been recently diagnosed with COVID-19 yourself, we ask that you have someone else bring your pet in for you. If this is not possible, we ask you to let us know, please stay in your car with a mask, and allow us to escort your pet inside for treatment. We can then allow our staff to take extra necessary precautions when handling your pet.
- When you arrive at the clinic for any reason- be it for an appointment, to drop your pet off, to pick up medication- we ask that you stay in your vehicle and cal the clinic. Our staff will assist you and let you know when it's okay to enter the building.
- We are allowing clients into the clinic for scheduled outpatient appointments. We will escort you directly into an exam room when one is available.
- Masks are optional. We welcome clients and staff to follow the safety procedures they feel most appropriate.
- Curbside service is always available for appointments if you would rather stay in your vehicle.
- We are prioritizing medically necessary appointments and are not scheduling "nail trim only" appointments for the foreseeable future.
- Our wellness appointments are scheduling our about four weeks, dentals are scheduling eight weeks out, and our surgeries and scheduling out about three weeks. If you know you would like to get your pet in for a wellness visit or elective surgery (such as spay, neuter, dental), please keep this in mind and try to schedule it as early as you can.
Please understand that we hate making people wait as much as you do. We, too, miss the convenience of how we were able to do things pre-pandemic, But there are only so many hours in the day and so many tasks our staff can do at once. We prioritize life-threatening emergencies and urgent calls and concerns. That means that it may take longer to get your pet's non urgent needs met. It doesn't mean we don't care. It means we have a lot of animals that need our care.
Our staff is extremely dedicated and has been working overtime and at a high pace these last months to keep up with the needs of our patients. We appreciate the understanding and patience of our client, and hope you will continue to practice kindness with our staff as they do their best to provide the veterinary care your pet deserves.
The Doctors and staff at Northwest Corner
We would like to encourage you to order through our online stores and have your medications/food shipped directly to your home. https://northwestcornervet.vetsfirstchoice.com/
If you are ordering Purina food order here: https://www.proplanvetdirect.com/customer/account/login/
If you are ordering Hills food order here: https://vet.hillstohome.com/hillsv2cstorefront/login
At this time we have decided to modify Our Hours once again. We will be open:
Monday - Friday 7:30am- 5:30pm
Saturday: 7:30am - 2:30pm
Thank you for your patience and cooperation at this time. We want to continue to be here for your pets that need us, for as long as we are able.
-The Doctors and staff at Northwest Corner Veterinary Hospital, LLC